Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Fashionable Boy


Emmett ... my child who causes me both so much angst and so much joy. We have many a confrontation throughout the course of a day, well, throughout the course of an hour. Aaron prayed one night for mommy and Emmett to get along during the day when we are at home alone together :) Funny, but, sadly true. All this to say that due to the number of conflicts we face during the day, I have decided to not let this new found fashion fetish be one of them. I am just going along with it!

We don't really wear jammies at our house, just shorts and big t-shirts. But, Emmett has recently discovered his pajama drawer, and to him it is a treasure chest of undiscovered new outfits. The first day this started Aaron came home and said, "Is there a reason Emmett is in his pajamas?" I said, "Because that is what he wanted to wear, we weren't going anywhere, so I let him." The next day he changed out of his regular bed clothes into jammies. Then, later in the day into a few more pairs. Thankfully they were still clean enough to put back in the drawer. At one point he was wearing jeans with a jammie top. Not something I would have EVER thought I'd let my child wear, but I did ... one less conflict. The third day, I just asked him, "Do you want to put on regular clothes or just stay in your jammies?" He wanted to keep the jammies on. Again, I went along with it. He still ended up changing into many outfits throughout the day.

So, here is my jammie-lovin' boy. We shall see how long this love affair lasts.

3 comments:

nurseheather said...

i totally agree with you. i have given up fighting the small battle wiht my kids. they love wearing jammies - and i now just let them. and both are very independent, wantign to pick out their own clothes - which are at times hideous, but hey it is developing their own creativitiy. we put our foot down though when mattea wanted to wear jammies to church. there are boundaries.

MerrandaVK said...

Yes... one less battle.. I am with you and won't judge you. As long as you don't judge me letting my daughter were her clothing insideout and backwards most of the time :)

Tabitha said...

Looks and sounds good to me! Mia and Liv will wear their dressup clothes all day, but they must put on their regular clothes for eating and outings (I don't want THAT much extra laundry!). Otherwise it's good with me.