Sunday, February 22, 2009

Preparations for Emmett's 3rd Birthday Party


Today was our prep. day for Emmett's birthday party. Due to the the large number of family members who attend our parties, we usually need to make 2 cakes. This year I made my standard super-rich chocolate bundt cake. I then made a second of these cakes to make the these two fun cakes. My mom, though, gets the credit for the decoration of these cakes. She also watched the boys this evening so I could get a last-minute birthday gift and so Aaron could study for an upcoming test. She even made some extra food for the party! What a great woman.

When Emmett and I were making the frosting this morning, he wanted to dump ingredients in for me. I kept beating him to it (honestly, who wants to hand over a measuring cup filled with powered sugar to a 3 year old?). So, when I got the cocoa out he insisted he dump that one by saying to me, "I want to dump the diet coke, mom." HILARIOUS! (coke/cocoa -- for those of you who didn't get it!)

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

It was a fun party! And your bundt cake was very yummy...I think I ate at least one piece on the way home while the girls, securely restrained in their carseats, were begging for a bite. :) Wish we could have stayed for it all but appreciate you inviting us to share his special day!