Friday, August 8, 2008

Beach Day



Today we went to the beach at Ft. McCoy. Along with my two boys, Ethan and Emmett, I took Cruz, a little boy I watch 3 days a week. We met my cousin, Monica, and her daughter, Celia, there, who loves Cruz. April, my sister-in-law, and her boys, Brayden and Zach, came along as well as my other sister-in-law, Amber,and her two kids, Jonas and Kennedy. If you click on this picture you will see chocolate on all of their faces! Pretty cute.





If you're going to see a naked child at a beach or anywhere for that matter, you can about bet it will be one of mine. Sure enough, as soon as we got there Emmett ran off naked to the water to, you guessed it, go pee. Later again, he stripped down to pee. We'll have to teach him about discretion.





I read in a magazine recently to take a sled along to pull your stuff down to the beach and back to the car again. We did that today and it worked wonderfully. I tried to give the kids rides on the sled in the water. It just sank down, but they still had fun riding the sled. When they were done in the water, the kids found the small playground above the beach and played for about 10 minutes. Then, it was off to the showers to wash all that sand off their bodies before they crashed on the car ride home.

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Sorry we missed it today...maybe next time? I had kinda forgot that my in-laws were coming for the day, so they met us at lessons and stayed through supper. Feels like we're trying to cram in stuff we haven't done yet this summer. Not enough time for all the fun there is to be had!

nurseheather said...

we had a beach day this weekend - it was fabulous - i'll keep the sled idea in mind because we could have definitely used it. hope you are enjoying the blog sessions - so easy to get hooked and it is so nice to put a face to you guys after emails back and forth. hope life is good for you!!!