Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Concert in the Park


Tonight we met Jake, Tabitha and the girls at the Concert in the Park. First, Yogi Bear and Cindy Bear came out to sing and dance. Ethan liked them, but wouldn't go dance on the dance floor. Emmett was very unsure of the whole thing and cowered on Aaron's lap. Then, the Apple Annies performed. Ethan and Emmett suddenly wanted to go out and dance. That was great. What wasn't great is HOW they were dancing! They both ran out there with their shirts in their mouths exposing their bellies. Quite embarrassing I must admit. Think about if that was your child out there running around like that for about 5 minutes. Then, I realized most people didn't know who their parents were ... that is until we had to go get them for being a bit too rough around some other kids ... again, embarrassing. They had a great time and actually didn't want to leave. When I kissed Emmett goodnight he asked me to sing the "scarf song." That was a song they sang tonight to the tune of "Bingo" about Cindy the Bear. Thanks Tabitha for the picture so I can remember this moment for the rest of my life!

2 comments:

MerrandaVK said...

I love being embarrassed of my children. Glad that I am not the only one at times :)

Tabitha said...

Ok I must have missed this post when you first did it... Yes of course, happy to share treasured memories with my friends. I have stinker moments on print too. :) They're a vital document of motherhood well done.