Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rosie's Walk


This morning we extended our activities from yesterday with more about the book Rosie's Walk. We reread the story, talked about it and then talked about predators and prey. After completing this the boys and I made the story setting with Legos. Here is a picture of it. We made the hen house, the milk cans, the rake, the barn, the pond, the haystack, the windmill, the fence and the beehives. Then, we walked a farmer around the farm. I wanted to show them that the story started and ended in the same place. While I did this post I had them clean up the Legos with the promise of M&Ms. It timed out perfectly, so I need to go hand out those rewards.

3 comments:

MerrandaVK said...

Cute idea to recreate the story - I bet the boys loved that. I am impressed you keep up with so many small boys!

Tabitha said...

I'll come and help clean up for M&Ms. :)

Missy said...

Honestly, at first it was hard to keep up with that many boys, but as they get older it get easier and I get used to it. The hardest thing with boys is the constant wrestling. Even though it starts as fun, it usually ends in tears. Well, and the noise, but that is just a given, I suppose :)