Friday, August 8, 2008

Funny Little Story

My parents own land with many a blackberry bush. So, every year about this time Aaron and I and the boys go picking. Today my mom and my nephew Carson picked. She said there are a lot of berries in the woods, but it would be poky picking. So, she offered to keep our boys while we picked. I asked if she had any food we could eat for supper, too ... presumptuous I know. She said she did. As I was cleaning up my kitchen I found that I had a bag of green beans I had received from my in-laws that I had not eaten yet as well as some cucumbers. So, I peeled the cucumbers and made the cucumber salad I grew up with. In the process I almost added a zucchini to the salad but realized it wasn't a cucumber right as I was ready to peel it. I also washed the beans and snapped the ends and called her to ask if I should bring the beans for supper, forgetting I had made the cucumber salad. She said that I could bring the beans, but didn't need to since she had made cucumbers already. I said, "I did too!" She said, "I only did because I had to use them up." I said, "me too!" I said, "yeah, I almost added a zucchini too and realized it at the last minute." She said, "Me too!" We got a kick out of it and I thought maybe someone else might think a little garden humor was funny, too.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

It's funny how mother/daughter do things so similar! :)