Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sleepover at Grandma's

Last night Grandma Treu decided on a whim to have the 4 oldest grand boys spend the night at her house. So, around 8:30, Ethan, Emmett, Carson and Brayden arrived to spend the night. They snacked on popcorn, Skittles, licorice, and fruit snacks. They finally fell asleep around 11:30 and woke a little after 6:00 this morning!

After breakfast, Grandma took them down to the ponds to pick blackberries for her mom, Great Grandma Geier. She enjoys fresh blackberry pie made with 7 Minute Frosting. I rode my bike to the ponds, too, to help and take pictures. How unusual to ride a bike without an extra 80 lbs. behind!




Grandma said Emmett was the most diligent picker, but it looks to me like he ate most of what he picked. But, by the look on his face, they weren't the sweetest berries on the bush.





I went home to shower and get my car while Grandma bathed the boys. When I arrived back to my mom's the boys were making sugar cookies. Ethan, Emmett and Brayden helped stir up the dough, but Carson watched TV and asked to be told when it was into dough (so he could eat some, of course).





Usually a recipe calls for the pan to be floured ... this time it was Emmett who was floured! While they made cookies, my mom had me go into town and buy each child a happy meal. I stopped at Ginny's and got Tomato Bisque soup for my mom and I, too. (I figured she deserved it after all her hard work.)




After lunch, the boys played with their McDonald's toys. They were starting to show the signs of lack of sleep: little brawls, whiny voices, impatience etc. We quickly loaded them into the cars with the cookies and berries and headed to Great Grandma's house. Emmett was the only one not too shy to give Great Grandma her cookies and berries. They were just little balls of energy, there, too. So, we quickly scooted them outside. Great Grandma was very thankful for the berries. I had to add both these pictures, because Great Grandma isn't looking in the first one but the boys all look so cute, and in the second one they all look like such stinkers but Great Grandma is looking! The endless challenge of getting a good picture with multiple children!





On the car ride home both my boys fell asleep, and are sleeping still now.

Thanks Grandma for all the fun!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

What an adventure for the boys! I got tired just reading about it! :)

MerrandaVK said...

I didn't realize there was 4 boys! What a time. And I LOVE GINNY'S TOMATOE BISQUE!!!! It's my favorite. Great pics too :)