Monday, August 25, 2008

I Cor. 10:13

It has happened once again. This morning I was reading from a few different books--I am great at starting books but rarely finish them--and I came upon the same verse in both books.

Last week, as I was reading from Teach Them Diligently the author referenced a scripture verse that could be used in many disciplining situations:
I Cor. 10:13. I jotted it down but forgot about it.

This morning I was reading from Be Angry, but Don't Blow It!. The author quoted a Bible verse: "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." I Cor. 10:13. I thought to myself, "This is a verse I need to put on a notecard and place in my house." (The number of notecards I have posted around the house is growing, and Aaron jokes with me about this. So, I am sure he'll be happy to know I have found another). I finished the chapter I was reading and grabbed Teach them Diligently. I remembered I had a verse to look up from the last time I was reading it. I opened my Bible to the passage and discovered it was the same verse I had just read!

This is always so exciting to me and initially so hard for me comprehend. But, then I remember it is God who is revealing this to me and ask myself WHY I am so amazed ... he is God, afterall.

Here I am reading one book about how to work on an area in my life that needs correcting, and at the same time trying to figure out how to use God's word to bring correction to my kids, never thinking the two paths would cross. I just found it amazing this morning that God revealed this truth to me to use in my own life and the lives of my children.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Great post; thanks for sharing. I guess the analogy of us as God's children takes on more significance when we see how the same truths are applicable in both situations. :)