Friday, August 22, 2008

Transferring Activity



I tried a transferring activity with Ethan the other day during nap time. He enjoyed this. I gave him tweezers and put marshmallows in a medicine cup and an empty one for transferring. I thought we'd start with something soft so it would be easier to grasp. He did great! As you can see, he transferring some to his mouth. We did it, too, with chocolate chips.

Today, I gave Emmett and Ethan the opportunity to try transferring water in small metal creamers. They loved this, too, but they fought over it. So, I pulled out the medicine cups again. We tried rice, too, but I had to run the phone out to Aaron and when I came back they were transferring it to the floor! So, that was the end of our educational activities for the day. I thought I should probably have them clean it up, but rice on a hard floor and kids sweeping ... no thanks, I'll just let it be a lost opportunity for teaching them with natural consequences.

2 comments:

MerrandaVK said...

I love the marshmellow idea! I also like how Ethan has no shirt on :)

I don't think I'd have let my kids clean up rice either.. to small.. maybe something big like with pom poms :)

Tabitha said...

Great idea! And what a treat for a job well done.