Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our Eventful Saturday

This morning Aaron ventured off to a football game with is dad, brother, and brother-in-law. The game was a birthday gift for Aaron's dad. So, the boys and I set off on an adventure of our own.

First, we followed my brother and his 2 kids to a pancake breakfast in a neighboring town. After the breakfast, we looked at antique tractors and FFA farm dioramas. The kids did GREAT not touching these very intriguing items. My boys and I then went by ourselves to walk around a car show.

After all that BOY stuff, I wanted to do some shopping. Before shopping, though, I thought I would take them hiking for a bit. This of course would burn some of that run-around-the-store-and-touch-everything-including-mannequin-private-parts energy. Not so! They did have a GREAT time hiking. Ethan took off up hills and was gone before I could warn him to wait up for Emmett and me. Every walnut they found was just as exciting as the last. They wanted to keep going on new trails, but I was afraid I'd get stranded a 1/4 mile or further from the car with two kids too tired to walk. So, I cut it shorter than they thought they wanted.

Next, we headed to TJ Maxx. Not the best store for kids ... they did okay, though. Then to Old Navy. That is where the mannequin fondling took place. It may sound funny or weird, but really it is just pure embarrassing!!! I don't really know why they do it or where they came up with the idea of touching private parts--real or plastic. Whenever it happens we scold them and explain whey it is bad. They just feed off each other, really. One more stop and then a good swift swat on their bare legs with a spanking spoon gifted to me from my mom to carry around in my purse. After all that they thought we should go to Chuck E. Cheese! No way! So, instead, I made them eat at Wendy's.

I was brave enough to stop one more place and it went fairly well considering it was close to 3:00 and they woke at 6:00. The whole way home Emmett protested with me that he wasn't tired! When we got home I put them in their beds and instantly they were both asleep!

It was a very fun day, but very exhausting for me! I don't even have any pictures to share, because my camera's desire to work is really hit or miss.

3 comments:

MerrandaVK said...

You are too funny!!! sounds like quite the adventure for you.. We ended up going to Home Depot and to Kids Coulee today, and that was enough to exhaust me today..

Did you have any extra kids today or just your two?

Tabitha said...

Does sound like a fun day. :) Little troopers to shop with you.

nurseheather said...

you are funny - all i want to know is where did you get your spanking spoon? one of those could definitely come in handy - which would mean i could go shopping for a bigger purse - thanks for sharing your story