Friday, October 10, 2008

Freezer Paper Stencils


Okay, I FINALLY did it! This morning as I browsed Wal-Mart I found some solid colored shirts, so I figured I really no longer had an excuse to not try it. The kids helped me pick out some images that they wanted stenciled. The spider shirt, for Ethan, was the first one I tried. It is FAR from perfect, but still looks pretty cool. When I made his shirt I used wax paper, because I thought that was the same as freezer paper. Well, it is not. And, that is why the shirt is less than perfect. Oh well, the first one should look that way, right? I really wanted him to have something Halloweenish but not too Halloweenish. Now, he has something he can wear to school around that time, but he can also wear it any time.

Because of the details in the tractor, Aaron did this shirt for Emmett next. Aaron is GREAT at that kind of detail. He did that shirt start to finish and it looks perfect! That's my guy. Emmett was so excited about it that he wanted to wear it after he took his shower tonight.

I did the wolf shirt for Ethan last. It looks pretty good. I am not as patient as I should be with THIN layers ... maybe this will be Aaron's project to do for the kids, OR maybe I just need to get better at it. But, it was fun and now I think I am hooked.

2 comments:

MerrandaVK said...

Looks great! I especially like the spider one. yah, sometimes they don't turn out perfect, but IDHTBPTBB (it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful:)

I haven't done any in a while, and yes I accidentaly deleted my latest post on the canvas bags I had finished.

Tabitha said...

Looks great! I like the spiders too- that's something my girls would wear. Maybe I could do shirts featuring all variety of creepy crawlys. :)