Monday, October 20, 2008

More Freezer Paper Stenciling

Okay, I am hooked! I have a bunch of shirt ideas waiting for me to have the time to make, and I have a bunch a shirts to put them on. I am hoping to get my sister into it, now. I think she'd have a blast making some for her baby girl. (See their webpage). Well, I'd have a blast making some girly shirts, actually!
Ethan had been asking and asking me to make him a bear shirt. I spent most of Saturday evening making it after the kids went to bed early. I laid it on his bed, and when he woke in the morning I told him to go see the shirt I made him. He went in and came out and told me it wasn't cool. He wanted a Transformer shirt! Their wants are so fleeting. He wore it Sunday and I am pretty sure he changed his mind about the coolness of it. I told him I could make him a Transformer shirt, too.


This is the first shirt I made for myself. I've been looking for workout clipart. This shirt turned out to look distressed (and I think very cool) due to my hastiness to finish it. I first did the outline of the shoes in pink. Then, I put another stencil over it with the laces etc. and did those in white. Since the pink wasn't quite dry when I pulled that stencil off it took the pink paint off put left a little white behind. At first I was discouraged and then thought it looked kind of cool. Aaron agreed that it was pretty cool. Like I said before, I can't wait to make more!

Thanks Tabitha and Merranda for getting me started!

No comments: