Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Crafts



The boys and I have been making almost every ornament I have seen in a magazine or on a website that is at their level of ability. Yesterday we made these light bulb and felt snowmen. I had to do a lot of the work, but I let them draw the eyes and pick their colors, spread the glue and place the scarf on the bulb. I can't figure out how to hang them, though!



This is the runner we made in our Mom's Group. My friend Lisa picked out the fabric and pattern, and my friend Michelle cut out all the fabric for all of us. So, I really just sewed my pieces together. Lisa, bless her heart, took them home with her and was just going to do the next step. Well, she ended up finishing them for us completely! What a blessing! I am ready to make another one ... probably because I only did a fraction of the real work that is involved!


For the past 3 years in my mom's group we have been doing an ornament exchange. Last night we exchanged and here are everyone's ornaments. April made button wreaths, Shannon made card stock stars, Megan made hand-sewed embellished mittens, Julie made a bird's nest on a branch, Amber made a glittery wire star, I made a wishing spool, and Emily made a miniature stocking. It is always so much fun to see what everyone makes!



These are my ornaments from last year (I can't show the one from the year before, because it broke and I had to throw it away ... it was too fragile ... Aaron warned me of this). And, the kids made the craft stick and button snowflake ornament.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

They all look great! Maybe next year I'll get to be a part of it again.