Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow Fun and Bird Feeders


In the summer I am in a hurry to get the kids outside. Hey, I get a bit of a tan and they burn some serious energy. But, in the winter, it is another story. I have been glad for the past few years that my kids were not fond of the snow. That is all beginning to change. Ethan really likes the snow now. So, I have to bundle up more often than I want. On Sat. we headed over to Brad and April's to try to sled. The kids were pumped until they realized how hard it was to climb a hill and how much snow flew in their face on the way down. We did have some fun just playing in the snow, though. Aaron caught a mouse scurrying across and under the snow. He made a mini fort with a tunnel, which lasted about 1 minute before it was destroyed. I had to suffer through being in the snow with my brother, who is still like he was when we were kids. He constantly tried to knock me down and get my face in the snow. I held my own pretty, well, though. I am much stronger than I used to be!


I do think the daddies had the most fun, though. Aaron was doing flips and the boys covered Brad in snow. He though he would burst out of the snow when I came back with the cameras, but I was smart to it, and used my camera as my protection. He'd never take me down and run the risk of ruining my camera!



We went to see my Grandma this weekend to give her her Christmas gift. While there we noticed a nice bird feeder outside her kitchen window and a variety of birds coming to eat. It was very neat to watch. So, Aaron made a bird feeder with the boys yesterday. While they napped he did much of the prep work, and when they woke they were ready to go use some power tools. I could not get those kids to come back inside. It was pretty warm out there, but our fingers were cold. But even still, they wanted to stay out in the garage. Such little men!

No comments: