Saturday, December 6, 2008

Random Events


Friday I must have been feeling crafty. I think it happened because we made our table runners at Mom's Group the night before. The boys and I made various cookies and then we made a homemade ornament. Using pipe cleaners, I shaped the ornament into a star. The boys then pushed small beads onto the cleaners. When they started I wondered if it would require fine motor skills that were too unrefined, but they succeeded. Emmett really wanted to give his to Uncle Jeff.




While they napped that day, I made a shirt for my niece, Lily. Inspired by Merranda's freezer paper stenciled and fabric patch shirts and by my new found abilities on the sewing machine while making our runners, I picked up some girly fabric I've had my eye on for a while and a cheap shirt and gave it a try. It really ended up turning out pretty cute. I did have to rip out seams here and there, especially when I sewed the front of the shirt to the back of the shirt! Now, with the extra fabric I'll have to make one for my niece, Kennedy, and some of Aaron's baby girl cousins. Or, Tabitha, if you want some I'll pass it on to you.




Finally, this morning Aaron took the boys to All American to make a gift for me. Afterward, he took them to work with him to make a few strings. He even let Emmett push buttons and Ethan watched Transformers on his computer. Then, after lunch, they left again to go to Menard's. We were watching my brother's kids, too, so Aaron took Brayden along. Half way home they all zonked out in the car. I can't imagine HOW that happened since they usually all have SO much to say. What a good dad he is, though. He had kids all day doing things that required much patience. Why am I sitting here and not giving him some much needed babying?

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

The shirt looks GREAT! I have zero sewing ability. :(

The boys sleeping in the car are even cuter than the shirt. What a picture! Sounds like they had a full day to zonk em' out. :)

MerrandaVK said...

The shirt is awesome. Great l font too.. very sweet..