Saturday, January 17, 2009

Emmett, Emmett, Emmett

After supper tonight my drama boy (Emmett) who already cries outrageously about everything started to cry. I thought this was due to the taunting of Ethan. So, I in large part ignored it, until he came up to me and through his screams said that his belly hurt and pointed to his right side. He continued to scream hysterically and said he needed more food to eat so his belly wouldn't hurt. As I suspected this did not help. After about 10 minutes of this drama I figured it must be something serious. Aaron was with a friend on his way back home, so I called my parents who came to grab Ethan and prepared to take Emmett to Urgent Care. As my parents pulled up, though, Emmett stopped crying and asked if the doctors would pop his belly open. Then, he said that he really put a tube too tight around his neck and his shoulder was hurting and would they take off his shoulder. I was beginning to wonder what really hurt and if we still needed to visit the doctor. Well, his face was white as a sheet, so we figured we should still go. The whole way he told me nothing hurt. Well, we still went and it turns out, nothing really did hurt (anymore). That's just the way it goes. Better to be safe than sorry and I am glad that nothing was wrong. So, we shopped at Kohl's, just got home and he pulled about exactly the same stunt ... cried that his belly hurt and said he needed more food. That is when I picked him up and handed him off to daddy!

1 comment:

MerrandaVK said...

Poor Emmett, Poor Mommy. Those darn kids... Sometimes you never know what's going on inside of their little brains.

Great to see you today!