Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Aaron and I were able to sneak away this weekend together for some much needed couple time. We left around 11:00 on Friday after picking Ethan up from school. We headed to Madison and our first stop was an Indian restaurant all-you-can-eat buffet! YUMMY! I think I was most excited about that part of the trip. Everything was so good. I felt like a food critic as we both tried a bite of each thing on the buffet and talked about if we liked it or not.

We then stopped at a few bike shops and drooled over the bikes we someday will have. Then, we shopped the mall for a bit before heading to Boulders Climbing Gym. We were given a brief lesson on belaying and were left to ourselves to scale the walls. We had a great time challenging each other. Some of the "regulars" at the gym were amazing. They were like Spider Man climbing the walls with no ropes. They made it look so easy. The tape on the walls indicates different "paths" so if you choose the white tape, you can only step on and grap onto the white rocks. Aaron was successful on some of those, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. I think the span between rocks was more set up for a man. We climbed for about an hour and a half until our hands could take no more of gripping rocks and the heat of the rope racing through our palms.



We checked into our motel and grabbed some Chipotle for supper. Yummy! It is just so fresh and delicious with that hint of cilantro in the rice! Sat. morning we went to the Whad' Ya Know Radio show where I was on National Public Radio. Everyone is asked to write a question along with your name, address, what you do. When someone tells you to write a question, of course you cannot think of one. Aaron and I talked about possibilities. I finally said to Aaron that one of the questions always racing through my head is if we should have more children or not. I was called on ... if you want to hear it, download the radio show from the day!

After the show, we grabbed Chipotle again for lunch, shopped the mall a bit and headed home. We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for supper and to play that night. It turned out to not be too much fun. They were tired and a bit irritable. They wouldn't eat for us and Emmett threw some good tantrums for us. Oh well, maybe next time!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Looks and sounds like fun! Nice legs, by the way. Not you Aaron, I mean Missy. :)

MerrandaVK said...

I too am going to comment on those hot legs:)

What a blessing to get away and to eat Chipotle - yum. It's one of our favorites.