Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall Fire


After arriving home from the pumpkin patch, we went to work at planting an ornamental grass garden by our garage. My brother is on a hunting trip, so I called my sister-in-law and told her to bring the boys over to "help" us dig and she could go for a run. When she arrived back the sun was setting quickly and the boys got the idea in their heads to have a fire in the trail.

Aaron, once again, told one of his fireside tales. This one was about the boys being washed ashore a deserted island after a shipwreck to find no food in sight other than a lone apple high in a tree. In this tall tale the children also found nourishment in centipedes, worms, and beetles creating belly laughs from all the kids.

I must say, Aaron is the best storyteller. I don't know how he comes up with the settings for his stories, and he really grips the attention of the boys. For example, he told a story once that went on and on and pretty much was about a stairwell and Ethan kept going down and down and down to a door and then down and down and down to another door. That was the bulk of the story. I can't remember the ending, but Ethan listened intently to the end. What a great dad!

2 comments:

Missy said...

Okay, I just blew this picture up ... Brayden looks angry (he wasn't), Ethan looks goofy (well, he always makes faces for the camera) and I look all distorted from the fire. It looked like a great picture until I blew it up!

Tabitha said...

I think the picture looks great- sometimes it's best not to bring things into focus too much. Ha!

Glad you got a new camera, by the way. I suppose I'll have to find another family to "stalk" with my camera...