Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just Like Grandpa

It has been said for a long time that Ethan resembles Aaron's dad, Dan, when he was boy. We have a picture to prove it. When we ask kids who it is in the picture, they say Ethan though it is Dan.

Emmett, however, clearly resembles my side of the family. Many people will tell us that he looks like my dad, Gene.

Within 24 hours this week we heard this again from people who don't know real well.

On Sun. when we were at the pumpkin patch, my parents' neighbors, Adam and Melanie, also happened to be there. From across the hay ride wagon, Adam said to me, "I never realized how much your little one looks like your dad!"

Then, on Monday morning as I was dropping Ethan off at school, one of his teachers came out and said, "I just have to be nosey." "Okay", I said, a little apprehensive of what was to follow. "Is your father-in-law Dan?" "Yes", I said. She said, "I figured it had to be! I'll just look at Ethan sometimes and the look on his face just looks just like Dan." She, too, doesn't know the family real well. Her dad and Dan were friends, I think, and Dan played music for her wedding.

It always shocks me when it is someone who doesn't know us real well who sees the resemblence. And, I thought it was funny that the two boys were pegged for their grandpa resemblences within 24 hours.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Can you scan in those old pictures and give us a comparison post? Not that you aren't busy enough but well you've whetted my curiosity. :)