Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall Fun

After picking Ethan up from school today, we went to a neighboring town in a neighboring state to buy some apples. Ethan, Emmett, Cruz and myself headed out in our car, and my sister-in-law (Amber), mom-in-law (Julie),Jonas, Kennedy and Logann went along in Grandma's car. When we arrived at the apple stand, the kids were ready to go! They had fun sampling apples and watermelon and even raspberries that weren't to be sampled! We then went through McDonald's drive through for lunch which we ate at a great park. The kids played and played and played at the park for a very long time. We had the whole park to ourselves, which was very nice. Before heading home I wanted to let the boys hike again. It is so nice to hike in the fall weather. We had such a great time last weekend that I wanted to buy up the opportunity again. The only problem ... we were all wearing slip on shoes or flip flops (the adults, anyway). The kids chose a difficult path. It was fun, though, but a little steep and slippy at times. We had 3 adults and 6 kids. Great ratio since each adult has 2 hands! The kids LOVED it! On our way home I couldn't resist stopping at a local bakery to get cookies. It just seems like the thing to do after an all day adventure like we had. The boys were SO tired that they crashed at 8:00 ... and that is pretty early for my boys!

Again, I have no pictures ... this post would be much more fun with the pictures.
My mother-in-law took pictures, but I have yet to get them from her.

Now that I have a variety of apples, I am itching to make some apple crisp, or apple dumplings, or apple pie, or applesauce or baked apples ... What is your favorite apple dessert? Do you make it or someone else?

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

I JUST posted about it now. :) Did you make apple crisp that evening after I saw you at WM?

MerrandaVK said...

Apple Crisp!!!! I have a version from like Betty Crocker or something and I just add more butter and sugar and oohhh yummm!!! I gotta find out where you went to get those apples...